Care for Her
We strive to meet the needs of every woman. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional care for women in every stage of life from pregnancy to annual check ups. Our relationship with and proximity to the New Beginnings Birthing Center at Jackson Purchase Medical Center allows for seamless continuity of care for mom and baby.
Women's health services include:
- Obstetrical care
- High risk pregnancy
- General gynecological care
- Contraceptive counseling
- Postpartum care
- Menopause management
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Lactation consulting
Virtual Childbirth Education
We offer our patients free access to a variety of perinatal education classes taught virtually. Classes offered include Early Pregnancy Preparations, Prenatal Education Bootcamp (English and Spanish), Coping and Comfort, Breastfeeding 101, as well as Newborn Care.
All classes are live, so patients have the opportunity to learn from and interact with certified and experienced childbirth educators! Since each class type is offered multiple times a month, patients now have more flexibility in choosing a time that fits their schedule and can connect from the comfort of their own home.
Midwifery: An Alternative
A Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) is an advanced practice nurse specializing in labor and delivery and gynecological health. A midwife provides women's health services beyond the delivery room, including:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Vaginal births
- Breastfeeding support
- Gynecologic care
- Reproductive and sexual health
- Contraception and family planning
- Peri- and postmenopausal care
Why Choose Midwifery?
Midwives can take a more natural approach to childbirth and are a great option for low-risk, healthy pregnancies. According to the American College of Nurse-Midwives, benefits of receiving midwifery care include:
- Decreased risk of needing a cesarean
- Reduced rates of labor induction and augmentation
- Reduced use of regional anesthesia
- Decreased infant mortality rates
- Decreased risk of preterm birth
- Decreased third and fourth-degree perineal tears
- Lower costs for both clients and insurers
- Increased chances of having a positive start to breastfeeding
- Increased satisfaction with the quality of care
At JPMC, our midwife works closely alongside board-certified obstetricians if and when high-risk complications arise to ensure peace of mind for both mother and baby.
Count On Us for Maternity Care